Media Score respects individual privacy and strives to collect and use Personal Information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business. Media Score abides by the U.S.-EU or Swiss Safe Harbor Principles developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
- General Privacy Information, which applies to all of Media Score's privacy policies
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
- "Customer" means any customer of Media Score's hosted online multimedia survey software application.
- "Participant" means any participant in an online survey created and launched by a Media Score Customer.
- "mScore" means Media Score's hosted, online multimedia survey software application.
With respect to data received through its website, Media Score will, at its own discretion:
- Use Personal Information it obtains relating to you, including but not limited to your name, mailing address, phone number and email address, for the purposes of contacting you, conducting internal business research, and carrying out other marketing activities. We may also disclose such information to third parties when they provide a service on our behalf. These third parties are not permitted to use such information for their own purposes.
- From time to time send our visitors and/or clients e-mail messages with new site feature announcements, enhancements, maintenance information and general updates.
- Cookies are used to recognize and maintain the state of Customers logged into their accounts. With cookies enabled, Media Score's Customers do not need to repeatedly fill in password or contact information each time a new web page is displayed.
- Collect and store information generated through use of our on-line business services. We may use some of this information in the aggregate for marketing research, such as, for example, in compiling statistics on Media Score's website visitors, base, and in assessing clients' business needs. If we decide to mention a particular client on the site, we will take reasonable steps to gain that client's assent before posting.
- Only use client data to provide the services or information that a client has requested. We take reasonable steps to keep business information confidential
- Communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in response to issues relating to your account via email or phone.
- Media Score has a person who is responsible for Media Score's compliance with and enforcement of this Policy. Tom Meyer, President, is available to any of Media Score's employees, customers, vendors, business partners, or others who may have questions concerning this Policy or data security practices. Tom Meyer may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at 214-717-5245, or by mail at Media Score, Inc., 3503 Hillrose Drive, Richardson, TX 75082.
- The Media Score Web site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Media Score Web site. See Section 3. General Privacy Information, for additional provisions that related to Media Score web site privacy practices.
Media Score abides by the EU Safe Harbor. As such we operate as a data processor for our hosted multimedia survey software customers. Our Customers fill the role of data controller. Individual Participants involved in our customers' surveys usually interact directly with the Customers rather than with Media Score. Media Score provides its Customers the option of disclosing their relationship with us by providing notice to their Participants about the Media Score technology that they use. Media Score maintains only that Participant information related to the survey process, which our Customers' have asked us to process. This participant information includes:
When a Participant requests assistance playing media in a survey, Media Score collects the Participant's browser type, operating system, and available media players to support Media Score in its troubleshooting effort.
- Name [optional for the Media Score customer to collect]
- Mailing Address [optional for the Media Score customer to collect]
- Ethnicity [optional for the Media Score customer to collect]
- Email Address
Notice & Use of Information
Because it supplies a hosted system, Media Score operates as a data processor for our Customers. Our Customers fill the role of data collector. Participants of our Customers interact directly with the Customer rather than with Media Score. Media Score provides its Customers the option of disclosing their relationship with us by providing notice to their Participants about the Media Score technology that they use. Media Score maintains only that Participant information related to the survey process, which our Customers' have asked us to process. It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that the data the Customer collects can be legally collected in the country of origin. The Customer is responsible to give its Participants the appropriate level of notification that Personal Information is being collected and maintained. Participants of a Customer may opt out of any and all communications. To opt out of any email invitation communication, the survey participant has two options:
Notification of Changes & Choice
- Select the opt-out link at the bottom of the email survey invitation
- Log in to their account and set the required parameter in their account information.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include web service hosting and data storage. If we disclose information of our customers to a third party that is acting as our agent or on our behalf, we will ensure that the third party has agreed to abide by the Safe Harbor principles or is subject to the Data Directive, or can otherwise assure adequate protection of such information. We may seek to assure adequate protection, for example, by entering into written agreements with third parties requiring such parties to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Safe Harbor and/or the Data Directive.
Media Score will use Personal Information only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by our customers. Media Score will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant for its intended use, accurate and complete.
Media Score is committed to ensuring the security of the information it processes. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we process. Media Score strives to protect the privacy of the information we process, and inadvertent disclosure is extremely unlikely. In the event of such an inadvertent disclosure, Media Score will take all commercially reasonable steps to limit and remedy the disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those procedures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes.
Access & Correction
In most cases, when Media Score collects Personal Information we do so on behalf of another company (as an agent or data processor). To request access to or correction of this information, please contact the company to which you provided it. Media Score technology allows its Customers access to all of the information processed on their behalf and allows for the processing of any requested corrections to such information.
Enforcement & Dispute Resolution
Media Score has a person who is responsible for Media Score's compliance with and enforcement of this Policy. Tom Meyer, President, is available to any of Media Score's employees, customers, vendors, business partners, or others who may have questions concerning this Policy or data security practices. Tom Meyer may be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone at 214-717-5245, or by mail at Media Score, Inc., 3503 Hillrose Drive, Richardson, TX 75082.
Media Score, Inc complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Media Score, Inc has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Media Score Incís certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Any questions, comments or complaints about the data practices (including without limitation compliance with data privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, or enforcement) of a Customer for whom Media Score processes data should be addressed to that Customer.
3. GENERAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
Media Score has implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure Personal Information collected on our website as well as Personal Data processed on behalf of its Customers from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure including, in appropriate circumstances, the use of firewalls, restricted access, and encrypted transmissions. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes.
Notification of Changes
We may disclose Personal Information when required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, comply with legal mandates, enforce the Terms of Service of our website, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Media Score, its users and the public.
Media Score committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. Media Score does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, does not enable our Customers to collect information from children under the age of 13, and does not target its website or its products to children under 13.
This policy is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Media Score Anti-Spam Policy
We have implemented a number of policies and procedures that:
- Require all Participants of a Customer to confirm that they are permitted to use their email address in the Customer's survey campaigns
- Prohibit the use of mScore by a Customer for illegal, unsolicited or unwanted survey campaigns to their Participants.
- Respond to all complaints regarding the use of mScore.
Media Score requires Participants of its Customers to confirm the Customer has permission to use their email address in their account whenever they email survey invitations.
Media Score offers Participants the option of unsubscribing from email survey invitations in each survey invitation that is sent out. Participants can unsubscribe from or subscribe to all surveys by clicking a link in the email. The sender cannot remove this option. Participants who "unsubscribe" will be suppressed from all relevant survey campaigns. To further protect Participants from abuse, Participants receiving survey invitations from Customers will only see their own names in the "To" field. All other Participants' email addresses are not viewable.
Media Score takes complaints very seriously. In spite of our preventative measures and Participant self-governance measures, occasionally we do get complaints from Participants. Our complaint process is as follows:
Where persistent complaints are made, Media Score reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Customer without notice.
- Every complaint that is received gets read and acted upon to by one of our customer support personnel.
- The complainant's email address will immediately be unsubscribed from the relevant Customer list by Media Score, not left to the discretion of the Customer. This is not negotiable.
- The complainant will be notified that their email address has been removed. If the complaint came via an ISP, they too will be notified of the action taken. The Customer will be notified of all actions taken.
Description of Site Services
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of Media Score and other parties. You are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of Media Score or the respective owners of the Marks.
Copyright; Use of Content on the Site
All information and content including, for example, any software programs, case studies and customer information available on or through the Site ("Content") is protected by copyright. You may not modify the Content on the Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise use or exploit any portion of the Content for any public or commercial purpose. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, by using the Site and downloading any Content from this Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission, export and re-export of technical data originating from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Links to Other Sites
Site Content may contain factual inaccuracies or typographical errors or be incomplete or out of date. Content may be changed or updated without notice. Media Score may make changes and/or improvements in the products and/or programs described in the Site at any time without notice. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND MEDIA SCORE, ALL CONTENT PROVIDED AT THE SITE OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. MEDIA SCORE DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RELIABILITY OR THE CORRECTNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN MEDIA SCORE OR THE CONTENT, CAPABILITES OR RELIABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL MEDIA SCORE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTIAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY OR IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE OR ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED SITE, EVEN IF MEDIA SCORE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Access to Password Protected Areas
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site shall be subject to sanctions up to and including prosecution.
With the exception of personally identifiable information covered by the Privacy Statement, any material, information, emails or other communication you transmit or post to the Site ("Communications") will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Media Score will have no obligation with respect to Communications, other than as provided in Privacy Statement, will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use Communications and all data, images, sounds, tests and other things embodied in the Communications for any and all commercial and non-commercial purposes.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, confidential or other material that would violate any law, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any rights of third parties.
Media Score may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas on the Site where authorized users or others transmit or post Communications. Media Score will have no liability for the content of any Communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, trademark, trade secret, libel, privacy, obscenity or otherwise.
All press releases and related Content that are contained on the Site were, to the best of Media Score's knowledge, timely and accurate when issued. However, the passage of time can render information stale. Media Score has no responsibility to update any information contained in any such material.
© 2016 Media Score, Inc All Rights Reserved